“We had another good quarter.” Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg said in a release; “We’re making progress putting video first across our apps and executing our 10 year technology roadmap.” (Detailed Press Release)
- Daily active users (DAUs): 1.18 billion on average for September 2016, 17% increase year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs: 1.09 billion on average for September 2016, 22% increase year on year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs): 1.79 billion as of September 30, 2016, 16% increase year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs: 1.66 billion as of September 30, 2016, 20% increase year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue: $5.7 billion ( 84% of advertising revenue for the Q3 of 2016, up from about 78% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2015)
- Capital expenditures: Capital expenditures for the third quarter of 2016 were $1.10 billion.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities: $26.14 billion at the end of the third quarter of 2016.
- Revenue: $7.01 billion vs. $6.92 billion expected, and up 56% from the year-ago period.
- EPS (adjusted): $1.09 vs. $0.92 expected, up from the comparable year-ago figures of 57 cents per share.
- Average revenue per user was $4.01 in the third quarter.
Analysts consider Facebook to be far ahead of the competition; Facebook made $2.379 billion in profit, up 16% compared to the $2.05 billion it made last quarter, and up 160% year over year.
Facebook is sitting on $26.14 billion in cash, equivalents, and securities; enough cash to buy up another startup.